Knowing what to say and how to say it means getting listing appointments where others couldn’t. The average real estate professional converts a little more than 1 in 5 of their conversations to listing appointments, but a top performing agent (like yourself – an agent who makes over $250,000/year in GCI) converts almost 1 in 3.
The reason for the gap is that top producers have proven, practiced scripts that enable them to:
1) Connect with more homeowners
2) Know what to say to the homeowners.
Connecting With More Homeowners
Dramatically increase how many homeowners you connect with by making this small adjustment. Here’s how it works:
Using the name provided in the lead, ask for the person by their first name like so:
“Hi, is John available?”
If they say you have the wrong number, don’t give up just yet. Instead, ask for the homeowner’s last name like this:
“Oh, okay. I’m looking for John Smith?”
If they still don’t recognize the name, hold your ground. What you need to do next is confirm the address:
“I apologize. I’m calling about the property the property for sale on 1255 Main Street. Am I calling the right number?”
If by this point you’ve gotten the info you need, this step may not be necessary. But even if they’ve answered “No” to all the questions above, try to rescue the call one last time – ask if they have a number for the property owner.
By using this simple script to begin a call, we’ve found that you can increase your contact rate by as much as 25%.
Knowing What To Say To Homeowners
One of the keys to prospecting is to have a killer script that addresses all the concerns the homeowner will have and sets you apart from the crowd.
We analyzed countless prospecting strategies and found the foundational principles that give effective scripts their power. Read on to learn the 9 talking points you need to follow to get a listing appointment. Click here to get the complete step-by-step guide to using these steps in a conversation with a homeowner. Everything you need to know to write an awesome script is in that download.
9 Must-Follow Steps for Creating Scripts to Get Listing Appointments
1. Get their guard down
2. Get them to start talking about their house, their previous experiences, and how open they are to working with an agent.
3. Get background info by asking questions.
4. Offer to help with the marketing if the contact is a FSBO and they don’t seem interested.
5. Sympathize with their pain! They are frustrated with the whole system and need someone who understands.
6. Address the potential cost of not selling their home right away (ex: mortgage payments, lost equity, delay of moving, building a new house?) Give them motivation to sell their house sooner with the help of an agent.
7. Offer help and get a listing appointment! Emphasize your strengths here!! What makes your marketing plan different from other agents?
8. If they tell you they’ll think about it or discuss it and call you back… get a listing appointment anyway.
9. Recap their goals at this point and ask if there’s any reason you couldn’t get their business if you could…
Prospecting like this can get you more listings and more money than ever before… starting now!